You are the real wealth, not the 3 million barrels of oil: 25 quotes that define UAE’s Sheikh Mohamed – Khaleej Times
The new President urges the youth to be better than their fathers and grandfathers
Published: Sun 15 May 2022, 8:22 PM
Last updated: Mon 16 May 2022, 7:26 AM
The Federal Supreme Council on Saturday unanimously elected His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan as the third President of the UAE. He succeeded his brother, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who passed away on May 13, aged 73.
Over the years, leading the nation to new heights, Sheikh Mohamed has promoted peace, championed causes, and inspired his country and world with his work and words.
Here are 25 wise quotes from UAE’s new President that highlight him as a leader, father, friend, patriot and more:
Message to the next generation
1. To the youths of the country he said – “You must be better than us and better than your fathers and grandfathers. This is not an option, you must do this.”
Promoting knowledge and science
2. “Our reliance upon knowledge and scientific thinking to achieve total development is the only way to bring our nation ahead to the stage of non-oil production, a lesson learnt from nations with little or no natural resources.”
3. “We have to ensure the new generation is equipped with knowledge and science so they can represent our competitive advantage in front of the whole world. Our only choice is quality.”
4. “The knowledge you have in this generation and the technology you are learning have to be the best in the world.”
On the importance of building a young generation
5. “The process of building man means, in the final analysis, building the nation and instilling the values of a free, promising, stable and secure life.”
6. “We are confident in the role of the UAE’s ambitious youth, and we believe in their abilities to create the country’s present and future. We always aim to qualify, motivate and empower them to take the nation’s flag and carry it to our supreme glory.”
7. Those who take the lead take it by doing three things. First, science to be able to manoeuvre; second, knowledge to be able to heavily invest in education; and third, a very wise leadership with …….